Tuesday 10 June 2008

Papa's Birthday!!

Today is a BIG day for daddy!! So, in order to give our daddy a SMALL but valueble surprise, my sis & I decided to COOK!! Although it's not any luxurious/grand meal you can get in a hotel or something, and the food may also taste not as good..but it's the thought that counts afterall.. :)

So, what's in our menu?? Let's have a look.........


1. Black pepper lamb chop + vege + mashed potatoes
The lamb chops are SUPPOSED to be cooked by me..BUT since my aunty they all already arrived & i still yet to bath!! My aunt decided to grill them for me coz they all are starving.. haha.. The mashed potato is done by my sis & the vege is done by me(at least).. :p


2. Tomato soup
Believe it or not, this "oi sam tong" is cooked by me!! **proud** First time cooking this, the pot that i use to cook is slightly too small.. So, ended up the soup is slightly too "thick", but is consider quite delicious ohh.. hehe..


3. Fruits & vege salad
My sis's masterpiece.. I think she spent more than an hour just to cut these ingredients into smaller pieces.. ~~Wonderful~~ Unlike me, my way of cooking is ---> simply cut, then dump everything inside the wok and fry.. :p


4. Spaghetti
This is done by my sis.. Spaghetti with special sauce ---> tomato paste + onion + garlic + carrot + celery + "traffice light" peppers + mushroom + minced pork & chicken + fresh abalone!!


5. Mocktail
OK!! This is my masterpiece which i actually "dump" 2 cans of laici + 2 cans of "loh hon goh" = "undersea coconut"?? + 1 can of rambutan + 1 can of longan + ice.. During our meal, i was told by my uncle that 6 cans are TOO MUCH!! But i thought, the MORE the MARRIER mah.. :p


6. Dragon fruit from uncle..
I remember, Pin & Li Ping dislike this fruit coz they said the colour looks weird?!!


7. Blueberry cheese cake from aunty & uncle too.. ^.^


BIG family portrait before meal!!


~~Mi family~~ ^.^


My dad's funny look.. Lolz..


While everyone is so HUNGRY & can't wait to eat our delicious food, let's take another pic!! :p



During & also after the meal, my dad repeated the same phrase for few times; "this is the most wonderful birthday i've ever had"... ~~SO HAPPY~~ ^.^

p.s.: Happy Birthday to my friend, Bona too!! (What a coincidence.. haha)

5 comments:

Yaone said...

Aw.. so sweet.
How about Father's Day?
Wahahaha~

I'll hv to agree on d cut and dump part. Yr pieces also so large. =p

~CAL~ said...

Father's Day we will make it simple.. Just a simple dinner will do.. Lazy de.. :p

That day seriously very tired lo.. Western food is not that hard to cook.. But the cutting part.. OMG, mostly everythng must be in small pieces.. Seriously killing me.. Then my sis keep complaining, "too big la, too big la".. Lolz..

Yaone said...

WAhahaha~

I feel your sister's pain~

toi toi said...

hey hey., red colour dragon fruit is bad for your health.. just take a look at all the coloring!!! eyerrr..

~CAL~ said...

Lolz.. Natural colouring is okla.. Have you eaten those BLUE "nasi purut" together with "kaya" before?? It's actually made of blue flowers.. Anyway, colour from fruits or flowers i can accept.. :p

p.s.: When's our flight ah?