Monday 26 May 2008

Take the Challenge or not?? WHY not??

As most Malaysians know, McD is now giving away a BIG treat of FREE BIG MAC!!! In order to get a FREE BIG MAC, all you need to do is to read the following phrase in 4 SECONDS!!

Two all-beef patties,
Special sauce, lettuce,
cheese, pickles, onions
on a sesame seed bun.


After the tournament on last Saturday, my friends had decided to take this challenge.. The first thing that crossed my mind was, "how could that be possible?? ONLY 4 seconds are given!!".. Without trying, i told myself that, "No way, you're not going to make it".. Looking at my friends who are practicing & trying, they DID it in just 2 seconds plus!! From that moment I was thinking that, "Alright, why not you give a try too.. No harm trying right?".. I then borrowed the small coupon from them and started practicing, not too bad, i did it in 3 seconds plus.. Before reaching the nearest McD outlet, we all keep on practicing non-stop.. Oh well, we all are ACTUALLY taking this challenge so SERIOUSLY than our studies.. =P And yup, we all that have tried did managed to get a FREE BIG MAC in just 2-3 seconds.. BRAVO girls!! ^_^

All this while, i've been telling myself that my stamina is TOO BAD.. I need to improve.. YES i do.. But how?? It's either swim or run.. Yesterday night i decided to swim in my uni as that could probably be my last time to swim before going home.. Before i started swimming, i told myself, "you MUST at least swim for 5 laps, MUST!!".. Everytime i swim across from one end to another, i need to rest for a bit and take a breath.. What to do, my stamina is REAL BAD.. Sigh.. But i'm very glad that i DID managed to FORCE myself to swim for 5 laps(100m??).. ~~so happy~~ Anyway, i don't think this is good enough.. I do hope that i can do better next time; 10 laps maybe?? Hopefully i can.. :)

For those who know me very well, they'd know that i'm actually very LOW in confidence.. Although i do look "tough" physically, but mentally, i'm VERY WEAK.. I'd get nervous or give up easily, and that's my biggest failure during tournaments.. Sigh.. Oh YES, i do need improvement on this.. And what i need to do is to challenge myself more; set a target and force myself to accomplish that.. To be frank, it does help as i believe that:

Challenge builds courage,
And courage builds confidence,
With confidence we bring success.


For those who are just as LOW confidence as me, DO NOT give up.. Take the challenge, take the risk, believe in yourself and be proud of what you are capable of.. Trust me, a little bit of improvement could brings you a better life for tomorrow.. ^.^

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahahha...stupid la you.
and are you sure 5 laps is 2 km?

anyway, you memang low confidence all this while. but this things is not easy to get.

you see me, you think this come naturally?
i went through years of training...swimming.

discipline. confidence. determination. power. internal strength. vision.

they all comes in 1 package.
but its weird for you, since you do martial arts, i thought you had more. BUT, you have like 10% maybe...thats real bad!

hehe...but you go girl!
i believe you can do it!
hehe...=)

~CAL~ said...

Not 2km meh?? I remembered that you told me from one end to another is 200m.. So, 10 times is 2km right?? Or 1 lap is 200m?? Forgotten.. =P

Lolz.. Didn't i ever told you that i never like to paticipate in TKD's tournament for sparring? That's because i can never beat someone with my full strength...i just can't... What to do... Sigh..

Ya...i know that 10% is real bad.. Trying to improve for a bit though.. hehe..

toi toi said...

Donkey kong! If you got the looks, then you must have it in you!

Don't doubt yourself, see what you did with the Big Mac chant, even I can't do it but you can. Just practice!! Makes perfect!

Anonymous said...

haha...you bodoh la!
swim 1 time is only 20m (for uni pool)
you only did like 100m!
say until so geng.
use your brain mah...i always tell you i swim like 40, 60, or 100 times right! so funny la you!
WAHAHAHAHAHA...

and you damn bodoh la. you damn geng ok. just always give up easily only.

haha...toi toi should meet me 1st.
i got the looks for being tough, but i'm not at all. wahahhaa...

~CAL~ said...

Toi Toi: Lolz... Teresa, you're the best!! So supportive.. Unlike someone, always scold me.. =P

QH: "sei ye" ahh.. Don't always scold me la, i know you miss teasing me.. =P Paiseh ya, i seriously thought i swam for 2km.. haha.. I was so satisfied for being able to swim for 5 laps.. Not like you, can swim like a dolphin, i'm human k.. Btw, you're damn TOUGH k!! Coz you didn't cry on that day... hahaha...

toi toi said...

hahha.. you two are very funny la.. hahaha.. reading your comments are so entertaining!

Qian Hui you going to CP this summer ar?? syiok lerr.. send my regards to the fatty supervisor at Engine House ya.. his name is Tyler

~CAL~ said...

Lolz.. Maybe one day you both shall meet up.. Oh wait, if 2 Capris together, Libra will be damn kesian.. Ok, better don't meet up.. =P

She's now in CP lo.. I so MISS the rides!!! Engine house?? What's that??

Anonymous said...

wat scold you! i'm not scolding ok!
i saying the TRUTH!
truth...truth...truth...

hahaha...i where got tough. you assla! talk crap saje!

toi toi: haha...i oso dunno wats engine hse!hehe...

~CAL~ said...

"sei ye lei ah"!! Always say i talk crap.. Okla, i keep quite lo.. Blek Blek Blek..

Before i keep quite, i just wanna say, you MEMANG TOUGH ok!! Ass u back... **Hhmmphh**

Anonymous said...

*shake ass*
*left right left right*

haha...its 'quiet', not 'quite'
i dunno how you can be 'quite'
WAHAHAHA!!!

~CAL~ said...

(=.=)lll... You BIG ass ahh.. =P

What's wrong with me?!?! Always typed "quite" instead of "quiet"!! AaaGGggHHhh...

toi toi said...

QH: Engine House is beside Los Gatos, selling Frozen Custard (something like ice ctream)situated right behind the park, beside the Town Hall or something like that.. hahaha btw heard that you are now working in Soak City?! Must be fun!! Life guard have the most fun there!

Anonymous said...

cal: haha...my ass how big also nothing compare to urs!!!

toi: oh...i see. i'll try to find it. haha..
yup, working at soak city! but now i'm on beach crew. so not so much of going in soak city! hehe...the job is ok only, quite boring!