Saturday 4 October 2008

~Away from Home~

It has been nearly 3 weeks since I arrived in the UK.. It was the end of summer when I just came here & it is now the beginning of Autumn~
Things have been changing all this while; the environment, the culture, the FOOD!, the cold weather (becoming even colder now), the people, and etc..

From a greenish view...



to the fallen leaves...


Ting Ting & I walking back to Sherwood Hall during our 1st week's of free stay~



In recent weeks, many of them have been asking me the same question, "Are you not homesick??"..
Come to think of it....MAYBE not....


The reason is.....


.....I'm smart enough to bring tonnes of photos (which caused the overweight of my luggage.. :p)

****But I do miss the food so badly... (>.<)****


Anyway, I'm now staying at an off campus self-catered hall at Raleigh Park..
We are jolly lucky to have everything brand new!!


Nice & comfy room together with my lovely blue pillow & Harry Potter(Yeah right, I do admit that I'm abit too slow in reading.. :p)



Study desk & the lovely board~



The toilet....



....and a BIG dining room plus kitchen~



This is part of the Sport Centre in University Park.. There's a total of 12 badminton courts (we have ONLY 2 courts in M'sia campus)!! How cool is that!!
I must admit that the sports' facilities provided are real good.. The reason to this is, we have to pay at least 65 pounds per year.. (>.<)



Archery Club~
How I wish I could have my own equipments in my future house~ :p



Ting Ting with her bow & arrows~



And this is me~ ***shoot until I got blue black on my left arm.. (=.=)***



Trip to Beeston town for groceries shopping & FREE pizzas from Domino's!! Say CHEESE~



When the weather gets colder, I'd tend to eat more and MORE....
These are the things which could keep me warm~
Wine~


3 in 1 white coffee + Milo from M'sia, nuts, chocolates, and biscuits~



Ting & I having our lunch at the lakeside in University Park~



The lakeside~



One of the random pictures in University Park..
Nice OLD structure~ Bricks or stones' structures are so lovely~



Another random picture in the University Park..
The Clock Tower~



A closer view..



Isn't it pretty~?



Old buildings at the City Centre..



Another old building.. But I can't recall what is this called though.. :p



Beeston's Charcoal Grill!! GOOD!!



1 meal for both of us is definitely more than enough..
Kebab+chips+salad with lots of mayo and tomato sauce.. ~yummy~



This simply reminds me of one of the streets in Chicago..



And this, reminds me of my lecturer back in M'sia; Encik Ahmad Fu'ad that taught us Environmental Fluid~
Well, you might be wondering of what this is...
This is actually a detention pond in Jubilee Campus!!
Detention pond is used to reduce peak storm water runoff rates by providing temporary storage..
In short, it's a drainage system with water plants..
The plants in it are actually acting as a natural filter in disolving the pollutants prior to discharge of runoff into the receiving streams..
Isn't that COOL?!!



"Muah Zhi" from Taiwan!! This was gifted by one of my flatmates that went to London..
How lovely she is.. But it's not as nice as the one in Taiwan though.. haha~



Talk about Taiwan, there are plenty of things I wanted to write, but am yet to do so.. In fact, I've given up in writing it since my friends had did it so perfectly!! Good job Maura & LaLa~!! (^.^)
***And this really gives me an excuse for not writing.. haha~***


Thanks to Lik Min, we have a wonderful video clip for our first week's of adventures in Taiwan~ Good job too, Alonso Min!! :)

15 comments:

grassonleaf said...

the guy teaching archery seems to have serious back pain...

your hostel is very nice

~CAL~ said...

Lolz.. I guess so too.. :p

The only disadvantage is, we're staying on the 4th floor(highest floor), without elevator.. >.<

toi toi said...

hey ya... 3 weeks there and u have so little updates ni!! What is this!! update more laa.. hahaha.. especially pics of cute ang moh guys... heheheh

Anonymous said...

你的房間怎麼醬子漂亮呀
好想去玩一玩

英國人很帥的
不要忘記幫我找alonso

你的那面照片牆也太驚人
哈哈 我們好可愛

學校長的好氣派呀
李彩恩變的好有氣質


ps.你準備有吃不完的豬血糕了

ccy said...

u looks enjoying ur new life in uk, carry on, take care

~CAL~ said...

Toi Toi:
What la you!! This is better than nothing OK!! :p
There's a cute "ang moh" in my group ohh~ He's from Australia.. wakaka~


猫猫:
利美恩!我的房子真的很漂亮噢~
有空要来拜访我 (反正从你那边来这 屁还没放完就到了嘛)~ :p

Alonsos 也太多了啦
你自己来Choose吧 哈哈~
墙壁也很好摸 来吧来吧!

我还是老样子 哪来什么气质。。 Lolz
啥是猪血糕啊? 不懂~ :p


CCY:
Hi CCY!! Kinda enjoying myself here...but...it's NOT fun at all when you're sick though.. :(
The weather is freaking COLD!!! (>.<)

CEST LA VIE said...

sis !! seem doing very great overthere ! a lot of friend asking me how are you ! really headache !! I ask them to send an emial to you for if really concern you !! anyway keep it up and take care !! hope we can chat next time !

Anonymous said...

床看起來好好睡~


我要跟你睡覺!~

~CAL~ said...

Sam:
Hey bro!! Nice hearing from you~!
My life here, okok la.. Need to get a part-time job though.. (>.<)
Well, you're now officially declared as my personal spokesman in M'sia then~ wakaka~
You must take care too k! Don't always emo...... :p

LaLa:
我。。。。。。無言

哈哈!

好啦,就让妳睡三分之一吧(反正妳的平衡感很好 对不对~) (^.^)

S.A. said...

Awesome to see from green to brown isn't it? The ancient buidlings made the place looks historical and present its heritage.

Do take care of yourself. Eat more fruits. Drink more water.. Okay okay, i'm sounding bit like your mum,but Hmmm...OK?

The room looks pretty new, clean and neat. You're lucky! Do enjoy your study there!!

Settle your study, and then start looking for job. Make sure to get a job not too tiring as study comes first!! Okies dokies!!??

Stay in touch!! *.^))

loves from your sis, S.A.L!!

~CAL~ said...

Hi sis~! Oh yeah~ I love to see those reddish brown leaves on the trees; they are so pretty~ And those ancient buildings, they are fantastic~ I always imagine myself studying at Hogwarts.. Haha~

Alright alright.. You've been repeating this for billion times.. :p Although i rarely eat fruits, but i do always eat vegetables and drink lots of water~
Don't worry ya~ :)

The area i'm staying is all brand new as they've just renovated it.. I'm so lucky!! wakaka~
As for the room, it's NEAT because...that's my room.. :p

I'm kind of settled down.. As for studies...i'll try my best to study harder.. haha~
I haven't started applying any jobs yet.. I'll get my CV done first before doing so.. :)

Do send my warmest regards to the rest of them k~ I'll phone back someday~ (^.^)

p.s.: Update your blog la.. Lolz..

CEST LA VIE said...

MIss ann!!! didt update blog!!very busy ?? Happy birthday to you !!! hope you healthy and happy all the time!! waiting you to be back to malaysia !!! gambateh !! I will try to write in proper english ! all best chai ann waiting for your reply! heehe

~CAL~ said...

Hi bro~!!
Life is getting busier de.. Update blog must see my mood mah.. Haha~
Anyway, thanks alot(for the 3rd time? Lolz)!! All the best to you too and take care always~ (^.^)

p.s.: If you're moody or wanna tell me "secrets", just email me la ya~ hehe~

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! Whatta coincidence!! I saw one MAS pillow on one of your pic (bed). I'm looking for MAS pillow, for my only little brother, since I've lost his pillow (accidently) last 2 weeks i think. And he'd been using that MAS pillow for about 2 years. My grandma gave it to him. The problem is, I seldom got chance to be onboard MAS flights. And that was why I used this internet as my "search-engine" to get a new MAS pillow for him. I've tried so many things even bought him a new cute pillow, but he seems not really using it while sleeping, which made me sad. Please do help me... I do really want to buy your MAS pillow.

This is my email address, created for this MAS pillow purpose:

MAS_Airlines_Pillow@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks. I wish you could help me.

~CAL~ said...

Hi there,

I can't deny that the MAS pillow is really comfortable. But i've been using that for years. I don't think is a good idea to buy it from me to your brother. haha.

Anyway, maybe you can try to call up MAS. They might probably selling that as souvenir. :)